Milborne Port Church House

Hire Charges and Terms of Hire

The current applicable charges are available here as a PDF. 

When Church House is booked, the Hirer agrees to the Conditions of Hire and the Privacy Notice.  These are shown below and are also available here as a PDF.

Church House Conditions of Hire


1. The Hirer must be over 25 years of age, be present during the period of the hiring and is responsible for the following:

        a) The cost of making good any damage or loss sustained to the building, furniture or equipment which is more than normal wear and tear.  Any damage must be reported as soon as possible.  A damage deposit may be required.

        b) Ensuring and enforcing a good standard of behaviour by all persons on the property during the hiring.

        c) Unless otherwise arranged, removing any materials brought in and seeing that all parts of the building and grounds are left tidy, clean and free from rubbish and litter at the end of the hiring.  Any further cleaning required afterwards will be charged at £10 per hour or part thereof.

        d) Ensuring all lights and water heaters are turned off and doors closed and locked (including fire exit doors) at the end of the period of hire.

2. The Hirer must provide their contact details and agree to the Privacy Notice at the time of the booking application.

3. The Hirer must indicate the full nature of the hiring at the time of the booking application and notify any intended change to this before the date of the booking.

4. The Committee will not, in any circumstances, consider claims for loss of cash, valuables or possessions during the hiring, or left at the property after the hiring.

5. Cancellation at short notice may require the full agreed hire charge to be paid.

6. A series of regular bookings cannot be guaranteed against exceptional interruption but, in such event, maximum possible notice will be given and full efforts made to re-accommodate the Hirer.

7. A Phonographic Performance Licence must be obtained when sound recordings are played in public (public means any event except a family or domestic gathering). See

8. The sale of alcoholic refreshment shall not be allowed at any time unless a Temporary Event Notice is obtained.  'Sale' means the reimbursement for the cost of such refreshment in any form by persons on the premises. The consumption of alcoholic refreshment shall be allowed only when provided by the hirer:

        a) for guests at strictly private functions;

        b) on occasions at which admission is by ticket previously bought elsewhere which includes an amount for alcoholic refreshment and when the amount of such refreshment per ticket has the Committee's approval.

9. There must be no loud music or party noise after 11.00pm. 

10. At the end of the hire period, all clearing up must be completed and the property fully vacated. Please ensure that the property is left secure. Please return the keys promptly to the person who gave them to you.

Health & Safety

11. Fire and Police Officers and Committee members shall be afforded right of entry on relevant occasions.

12. The Hirer shall not create any hazard by the nature of his/her occupation and motor vehicles shall not be brought on to the property.

13. No smoking is permitted on the premises or grounds.

14. Candles must not be left burning for long periods during an event (but e.g. birthday cake candles are okay).

15. Cooking must not be left unattended.

16. Fire exits must not be blocked at any time during the period of hire.

17. The Hirer must carry a charged mobile phone with them during the hire period.

18. Regulations stipulate that the maximum number of persons allowed in Church House at any one event is 100.

The Church House Management Committee reserves the right to amend the Hiring Conditions and charges.  A minimum of 3 months’ notice of any changes in conditions or charges will be given where advanced bookings have already been agreed.


Fire Safety

On discovering a fire:

- evacuate the building of all people as safely as possible using the signed exits, ensuring that all internal fire doors are closed

- people should congregate at one of the assembly points shown on the map below at the far end of the Church House garden or in the churchyard

- if safe to do so, please fight the fire using the extinguishers and fire blanket available

- if unable to control the fire, contact the fire and rescue service on 999 as soon as possible

Church House’s address is Church House, Bathwell Lane, Milborne Port DT9 5AN

At the start of your event, please ensure everyone is aware of the no smoking policy, the locations of the fire exits and the locations of the assembly points.

Hall Hirer Privacy Notice

The data controller is The Church House Milborne Port (registered charity no. 1060785).  Throughout this document, references to "we", "us" or "our" are to The Church House Milborne Port.

The personal information we collect

Name, address, telephone number(s), email address

How and why we collect and process your personal information

Your name and contact details are required for us to communicate with you about your booking before your period of hire and also for us to be able to invoice you and communicate with you after your period of hire if needed.  We require this information as part of our contract with you.

How long we will hold your information for

We will keep your details for 7 years after your period of hire has finished and payment has been made.  For regular bookings, the period of hire relates to the latest period.  Your information may be shared with HMRC in the course of an investigation.

Your rights and choices

You have the following rights concerning the data we collect from you.  Where you exercise these rights, we will tell you how we have dealt with your request within one month.

Right of access

You can ask us for a copy of the personal information we hold about you and we will provide that to you.

Right to rectification

You can ask us to correct any inaccurate information we hold concerning you. If the information we hold is incomplete, you have the right to provide extra information to us in order to complete it.

Right to object

Where we rely on our legitimate interests to use your information, you can object to this use.  We will no longer use your data if you object in this way unless exceptional circumstances apply.

Right to restrict processing

You have the right to restrict our use of your personal information if: (a) the data we hold is inaccurate and needs correcting; (b) our processing is unlawful but you do not want the data deleted; or (c) we no longer need to use the data, but you want us to keep it for a legal claim.  We will tell you if the restriction ends.

Right to erasure

You can ask us to erase personal information we hold about you.  We will do so unless we still need your information for one of the purposes listed above.

Confidentiality & Security

The confidentiality and security of all personal information you provide is very important to us.  We use various technical and organisational measures to protect your data including encryption.  We only use data for the purposes specified and only keep it for as long as necessary.  We keep our procedures under review to ensure we are doing as much as we can to protect your information.

Our use of cloud storage

We may use Google Drive to store your details.  This means your data may be stored outside the UK.  Our contract with Google includes appropriate safeguards for the transfer of information to other countries using safeguards including standard data protection clauses.  Where we use Google Drive, all personal data is stored with encryption which ensures that only authorised users can read it.

Our contact details

Should you wish to contact us for any enquiries; to exercise any of the rights explained above; to update your details on our systems; to revoke your consent; or to make a complaint, please contact the Treasurer at

Right to complain

Where you are not satisfied with how we have dealt with your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (  However, please contact us first using the details above and we will try to help.